The Benefits of TapWelcome to the world of TAP, where purchasing a pass and riding Metro just got much simpler. The TAP card is a reusable fare payment card that can be reloaded again and again with bus/rail passes or stored value to provide our passengers with seamless travel throughout Los Angeles County.
The following are just a few of the advantages that TAP offers our customers:
- TAP offers quicker boardings on Metro buses.
- TAP offers "balance protection" if a card is lost or stolen.
- TAP is secure as stolen passes can be quickly disabled.
- TAP can be loaded at all Metro rail stations on the ticket vending machines to avoid standing in line at pass sales outlets.
- TAP can be loaded online at TAPTOGO.NET or by calling 1.866.TAPTOGO (827-8646)
- TAP can be autoloaded each month without having to make a phone call or visit the Web site if the customer sets up this service in advance at TAPTOGO.NET or by calling 1.866.TAPTOGO (827-8646)
- TAP cards will soon allow seamless travel throughout the region on Metro and Municipal operators using EZ passes or by using stored value.
- TAP is a “green” alternative to a paper pass, as the same pass can be used month after month rather than being discarded like a paper pass.
TAP – Smart, Simple, SecureSMART: It knows if a customer has a valid pass or enough money on the card
SIMPLE: Customers just tap the farebox and GO
SECURE: If a TAP card is lost or stolen, the pass can be replaced with balance intact.
Order Pass OnlineOrdering a TAP card online is easy and convenient. Use your TAP Card to add stored value at any time or to purchase a monthly or weekly bus pass.