The Benefits of TAPWelcome to the world of TAP, where purchasing a pass and riding Metro just got much simpler. The TAP card is a reusable fare payment card that can be reloaded again and again with bus passes or stored value to provide our passengers with seamless travel throughout Los Angeles County.
The following are just a few of the advantages that TAP offers our customers:
- TAP offers quicker boardings on Metro buses.
- TAP offers "balance protection" if a card is lost or stolen.
- TAP is secure as stolen passes can be quickly disabled.
- TAP can be loaded at all Metro rail stations on the ticket vending machines to avoid standing in line at pass sales outlets.
- TAP can be loaded online at TAPTOGO.NET or by calling 1.866.TAPTOGO (827-8646)
- TAP can be automatically loaded each month without having to make a phone call or visit the Website if the customer sets up this service in advance at TAPTOGO.NET or by calling 1.866.TAPTOGO (827-8646)
- TAP cards will soon allow seamless travel throughout the region on Metro and Municipal operators using EZ passes or by using stored value.
- TAP is a “green” alternative to a paper pass, as the same pass can be used month after month rather than being discarded like a paper pass.
TAP – Smart, Simple, SecureSMART: It knows if a customer has a valid pass or enough money on the card
SIMPLE: Customers just tap the farebox and GO
SECURE: If a TAP card is lost or stolen, the pass can be replaced with balance intact.
Order Pass OnlineOrdering a TAP card online is easy and convenient. Use your TAP Card to add stored value at any time or to purchase a monthly or weekly bus pass.