L.I.F.E: Low-Income Fare is Easy
Metro’s Rider Relief Program is now the LIFE (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program. Qualifying riders can save money on monthly bus passes from participating transit operators with LIFE benefits, including AVTA.
Starting July 1, 2019, LIFE benefits will no longer be distributed as paper coupons. All benefits will be loaded directly onto your TAP card. Full fare passengers may qualify for a $24 monthly coupon, while eligible reduced fare passengers may qualify for an $8 monthly coupon. Children over five years old whose parents qualify are automatically eligible to receive the LIFE coupons. Applicants for the program must show proof of income to determine their eligibility, which is good for one year.
The maximum income levels to qualify for LIFE coupons are as follows:
- $36,550 or less for a household of one (1)
- $41,800 or less for a household of two (2)
- $47,000 or less for a household of three (3)
- $52,200 or less for a household of four (4)
- $56,400 or less for a household of five (5)
- $60,600 or less for a household of six (6)
ApplicationsFor more information on applying for LIFE program discounts, please go to: