L.I.F.E. (Low-Income Fare is Easy)
The L.I.F.E. (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program provides transportation assistance to low-income individuals in Los Angeles County. Qualifying riders can save money on monthly bus passes from participating transit operators with L.I.F.E. benefits, including AVTA. For more information on the L.I.F.E. program discounts, visit https://www.metro.net/projects/life/.
Starting July 1, 2019, L.I.F.E. benefits will no longer be distributed as paper coupons. All benefits will be loaded directly onto your TAP card. Full fare passengers may qualify for a $24 monthly coupon, while eligible reduced fare passengers may qualify for an $8 monthly coupon. Children over five years old whose parents qualify are automatically eligible to receive the L.I.F.E. coupons. Applicants for the program must show proof of income to determine their eligibility, which is good for one year.
The maximum income levels to qualify for L.I.F.E. coupons are as follows:
- $39,450 or less for a household of one (1)
- $45,050 or less for a household of two (2)
- $50,700 or less for a household of three (3)
- $56,300 or less for a household of four (4)
- $60,850 or less for a household of five (5)
- $65,350 or less for a household of six (6)
- $69,850 or less for a household of six (7)
- $74,350 or less for a household of six (8)
ApplicationsFAME accepts applications for L.I.F.E. through the mail, email, and drop-offs. See FAME contact information below:
FAME Assistance Corporation
mailing address: 1968 W. Adams Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90018